Con chào các chú và anh chị diễn đàn Xuất nhập cảnh. Sắp tới con dự định sẽ phỏng vấn xin visa du học Mỹ vào cuối tháng 10, con dự định sẽ bắt đầu học khóa tháng 1/2016. Thông tin hồ sơ của con như sau.
- Tuổi: 21
- Hiện vừa bắt đầu năm 4 tại Đại học Quốc gia HCM, chuyên ngành Computer Engineering
- Học bạ phổ thông: 7.3 7.1 7.5. Nghề nghiệp ghi trong học bạ "Ba: phụ hồ", "Mẹ: nội trợ" ( sự thật là Ba làm bất động sản tự do ở Bình Dương, mẹ kinh doanh tại nhà).
- Bảng điểm đại học: tích lũy 121 tín chỉ ( do học vượt, 145 là đủ ra trường), trung bình 6.79
- TOEFL iBT/ IELTS: chưa có
- Trường dự định theo học: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, major Computer Engineering, chương trình 4 năm. Học hệ International Transfer. Học phí trường này ~23k/ năm.
- Đăng ký học khóa tháng 1/2016, theo lớp IEP trước, và sẽ xin transfer điểm từ 1 vài môn học tại VN qua ( con có gửi mail cho trường, trường nói sẽ chuyển được nhưng chưa rõ bao nhiêu tín chỉ, con dự định in đoạn mail nói chuyện với trường mang theo phỏng vấn).
- Tài chính gia đình: sổ 200tr, sổ ~1 tỷ ( vay ngân hàng ). Kinh doanh internet tại nhà thu nhập 40tr/ tháng, cho thuê đất trồng lúa 120tr/năm, hùng vốn đầu tư thu mua nông sản ~50tr/tháng ( cái này con trả phí cho công ty đưa mẹ con vào làm cổ đông).
- Gia đình có 3 người: mẹ, anh trai, và con ( Ba đã mất )
- Người thân bên Mỹ: gia đình chị ruột của mẹ qua Mỹ năm 1993 diện HO, bác gái làm công ty lương 3000$/tháng, bác trai về hưu, 2 người con ở bang khác, 1 người con đã lập gia đình ở chung với bác làm xưởng cơ khí máy bay, mở tiệm nail, nhà hàng và studio ảnh cưới.
- Con dự định khi mới qua sẽ ở nhà bác, được 1 thời gian sẽ chuyển ra ngoài ở.
Dưới đây là những câu hỏi con chuẩn bị cho buổi phỏng vấn đầu tiên mong các chú, anh chị góp ý,
I.VỀ BẢN THÂN:
1. Could you introduce yourself ?
-My full name’s Le Thanh Sang. I’m 21 years old. I’m student of National University, department of Information Technology. I’m living in ****
2. What’re you doing now?
-I’m studying Information Technology at National University
3. Where are you living now?
-I’m living at ****
4. What subjects do you like best in University?What do you study in this subject?
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers. This course provided knowledge of the concepts, architecture and operating principles of a microprocessor, how to made a small integrated circuits.
5. What subjects do you study worst in University?Why?
- Object-oriented programming. Because this course teach me how to make a C++ program but my major study about C.
6. Have you ever travel abroad?
- No, I have’t. I spend most of time to study, I haven’t got the time for travel abroad, but when I get my degree, I will
7. Have you ever live away from your family/parents?
Yes, When I studied university, I rent a house near my school, I must do anything by myself ( cooking, washing clothes, look after myself)
II. VỀ GIA ĐÌNH:
1. How many people are there in your family?
- There’re 3 people in my family: my mother, elder brother and me
2. What does your parents do for living? Can you tell me something about your family’s financial ability and income ?
- My mother is business woman. Her income is 110 milions VNĐ per month
- Besides , my mother also invest money in **** Company
3. What do your parent business ?
- Renting of land at **** : 120 million per year
- Running of Internet business: 40 million per month
- Investing in **** Company: 56 million per month
4. What does your brother do ?
- He graduated from Industrial University and has worked at Mai Phuong Computer. His income is 7 mil per month.
5. Where is your family living now?
- My family is living at ****
III. VỀ NGƯỜI THÂN BÊN MỸ:
1. Do you have any relatives in the US?
- Yes, my aunt live in Nebraska. She’s the eldest sister of my Mom.
2. What do they do?
- She/he is……………………………
3. Where are they living now?
- She/he is living at ****
4. Has your family ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USA and immigration Services?
- No, Sir/Ma’am
IV. VỀ VIỆC HỌC Ở MỸ:
1. Where will you live during your study time in the US ?
- I will live with my aunt at ****
2. Why don’t you live in dormitory?
- According to me, the US is a new environment, so I need time to adapt to it. After familiaring with new life, I will move in school’s dormitory.
3. Who will pick you up when you come to US ?
- My aunt will pick me up when I come to US
4. Who’ll pay the tuition fees for your study in the US ?
- My mother will pay the tuition fees for my study in the US
5. Do you want to get part-time job to support for your study?
- No, I don’t. It will affect to my study and I want to focus my time on studying.
6. What will you do if your parents cannot support for your study while you have not finished your study in the US?
- You have been in my country for a while, so I think that you already know, Vietnamese parents will sacrifice anything to make sure their children having the best education.
7. Why do you choose US to study, not the other country?
-Because the US is a developed country and has a modern education system, the US’s degree is valuable all over the world
8. Why don’t you continue study in Vietnam?
- Because I want to experience and get more knowledge from study abroad.
9. Which school in The US will you study at? What major?
- It is University of Nebraska-Lincoln, department of Information Technology.
- I will study at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, my major is Computer Engineering
10. What do you know about the school you are applying for? Its name and address?
- It’s a public school, established in 1869, UNL celebrated the 146th anniversary of its founding on Feb. 15, 2015. It’s located in 1400 R St, Lincoln, NE 68588. Dr.James Linder is the president of this school.
11. How do you get information about this school?
- My relative introduces for me. After that, I visit this school on website (unl.edu) to get more information.
12. How will you go to school?
-I will go to school by bus or by bicycle – It’s good for my health.
13. Could you tell me who issued I-20 for you?
14. Which function is he/ she responsible for in this school?
15. When will your English course begin and finish?
- My course begins on …….. and finishes on………
16. Why do you choose this school?
- My relative introduces 3 schools (Union, Wesleyan, Lincoln) for me. Through school’s website and students review, UNL is the best suitable for my needs (study program, tuition & fees, , .), study conditions (system of library, laboratories, health center, …)
17. Why do you choose this major ?
- Because I like it, and it is suitable to my major in Vietnam
18. Will you study full-time or part-time?
- I’ll study full-time.
19. What degree will you get when you finish your study?
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
20.How much does it cost for your degree per year or per semester?
- About 23,000$ per year for non-resident students
21. Have you got TOEFL score?
- No, I haven’t
22. You haven’t got TOEFL score, how do you understand the Foreign Teacher’s lecture?
- I will attend to an English course in one year and practice at home to improve my English skills
23. Why don’t you get TOEFL score in Vietnam?
- English composition is REQUIRED and ALL students, domestic & international are required to take placement test, even those who got a perfect score of 120 on TOEFL iBT. To master the English language, nowhere else better than a place where English is mother. Moreover, while I’m learning English in the US’s schools, I can learn many other things.
24. How much will you spend for the first year of your English course in the US?
- I’ll pay …………………….for an English course.
25. Could you tell me about your study plan?
-I will study in the US in 5 years. The first year, I will attend to an English course called IEP (Intensive English Program). Then I will study my major at University of Nebraska-Lincoln in the next 4 years. Finally, I will return to Viet Nam and carry out my dream
26. What do you want to do when you come back Viet Nam?
-I live with my mother, take care of her, and set up a company like my mother’s hope. But, before coming back VN, I will travel somewhere in US.
27. Which date do you intend to fly to the US on if you get a F1 visa?
28. What make you think I will approve your visa?
- That is why I am here for today. Prove to you and convince you to issue my visa.
29. I think you will try to find a job and stay in the US after you get your degree.
- As you are well aware, for a fraction of salary compared to US, I can have a very good life in my country.
30. What difficulties do you think you may encounter in the US?
- Of course, there will be problems and difficulties, but I will adapt.
31. “If you are offered a good job with high salary, will you agree to work?”
OPT (Optional Practical Traning) program allow me to work for 12 months ( and 17 months extension for STEM) It will look better on my resume when I come back VN, if I have some experiences in US.
V. VỀ QUÁ TRÌNH LÀM HỒ SƠ:
1. Who helped you apply I-20?
- I applied I-20 by myself.
2. How did you get I-20?
- I found out admission information through internet and I contacted with Admission department of this School. And then sending all my documents including school report, diploma, bank statement, photo of passport and waiting for I-20.
3. What kind of visa do you want to get?
-I want to get F1 Visa
4.What do you know about F1 visa?
- F1 visa is issued for international students to study in the US, not for immigration or people working in the US.
5. Do you prepare for your overseas study files by yourself or ask a service for help?
- I prepare for my overseas study files by myself.
6. Have you ever been refused a US Visa?
-No, I haven’t. It’s my first time for visa interview.
7. Where did you finish visa application and interview appointment?
- I filled out the Form DS-160 and registered for Visa interview appointment on the website of US Consulate (http://vietnamese.hochiminh.usconsulate.gov) and then I paid for the non-refundable application fee of $160 at Phu Nhuan Post office.
8.Where did you pay Sevis fee? ( Em đóng phí Sevis ở đâu?)
- I paid Sevis fee on the website www.fmjfee.com (using Sevis ID on I-20 + 200 USD + individual information).
9.What’s “Sevis” means?
- Sevis is the student informaton system, students and exchange visitor.
10.What’ s SEVIS short for?
- Student and exchange visitor information system
11. What do you prepare for your study abroad?
- Informations about the school which I will study in the U. S
- Informations about the major, the tuition and other fees
- Informations about the state where I will live
- Finance, health in years that I will study in U.S
- English skills
- Required papers for my study abroad.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2012 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright: xuatnhapcanh.com 2009-2013