Preferable Friendship

vha08

Support
Question: Some people choose friends who are different from themselves. Others choose friends who are similar to themselves. Compare the advantages of having friends who are different from you with the advantages of having friends who are similar to you. Which kind of friend do you prefer for yourself? Why?

It is said that a friend is a valuable asset. People become friends thanks to many aspects and incidents. They may find some similarities in each other’s characteristics, lifestyles or dreams. Or maybe they are attracted by interesting and differential lifestyle. In my opinion, a friend who is similar to me and a friend different from me both have such many advantages. However, I prefer friends can share similarities with me.

Firstly, advantages which friends have a lot of difference can be magnetic to somebody. Because they have diverse characteristics, backgrounds and so on, they will find new things are very exciting and interesting. Such this kind of people likes to experience new things that they have not been through. Moreover, they have a chance to learn good things from their friends. For example, a footballer may feel his friend’s job as a businessman thrilling and he can learn a lot of business knowledge and information from his friend. Inversely, a businessman can learn to play football with his footballer friend to release stress after a hard day of work. The introvert may become more active and sociable when he makes friend with the extrovert. Making friend with someone different from you is like experience the other side of the world.

Secondly, a friend who is similar with us may bring us so many advantages that we cannot imagine. Mutual understanding is what friends sharing with them the same habits, backgrounds, lifestyles or dreams have. One can tell his friends secrets, ask them for advice for problems he face and give a hand when his friends truly need. In addition, they can enjoy the same hobbies together. For instant, two close girlfriends can spend their whole weekend to go shopping, have their nails painted, have new hair styles and chat about boys. Basically, they own congruent soul, so they love one another as they are siblings. And there will be less conflict and argument happen between them.

In conclusion, I believe friends should have some similarities to keep friendships last longer. It is hard for one to accept and stand too different or opposite lifestyles, characteristics of his friends. Trust, comfort and enjoyment are very important to friendship. That is a reason why people often said that birds of a feather flocked together.

pevy_2307

vha08

Support
It is said that a friend is a valuable asset. People become friends thanks to many aspects and incidents. They may find some similarities in each other’s characteristics, lifestyles or dreams. Or maybe they are attracted by interesting and differential lifestyle. In my opinion, a friend who is similar to me and a friend different from me both have such many advantages. [You write as if this is your thesis. And, what do YOU personally look for in a friend? What does being a friend mean to you? To help set the foundation, you must define what being a friend means to you as a greater way to show why friends who are similar is the kind of friend you prefer.] However, I prefer friends who can share similarities with me. [But this is your actual thesis. In your body paragraphs instead of discussing why you would rather have friends similar to you, you balance the merits having both friends. You don’t show a preference for one over the other. You do say why but you squish multiple reasons why into your conclusion paragraph. ]

Firstly, advantages which friends have a lot of difference can be magnetic to somebody. Because they have diverse characteristics, backgrounds and so on, they will find new things are very exciting and interesting. Such this kind of people likes to experience new things that they have not been through. Moreover, they have a chance to learn good things from their friends. For example, a footballer may feel his friend’s job as a businessman thrilling and he can learn a lot of business knowledge and information from his friend. Inversely, a businessman can learn to play football with his footballer friend to release stress after a hard day of work. The introvert may become more active and sociable when he makes friend with the extrovert. Making friend with someone different from you is like experience the other side of the world. [For this paragraph to fit with your thesis, you need to discuss why you do not prefer this type of friend instead of doing it in the conclusion. This helps with having a clearer line of development and a more polished essay.]

Secondly, a friend who is similar with us may bring us so many advantages that we cannot imagine. Mutual understanding is what friends sharing with them the same habits, backgrounds, lifestyles or dreams have. One can tell his friends secrets, ask them for advice for problems he face and give a hand when his friends truly need. In addition, they can enjoy the same hobbies together. For instant, two close girlfriends can spend their whole weekend to go shopping, have their nails painted, have new hair styles and chat about boys. Basically, they own congruent [share the same] soul, so they love one another as they are siblings [a better comparison is: as if they were the same person]. And there will be less conflict and argument happen between them.

[I’ve noticed that you are writing as if these are ‘general’ reasons. What are your personal reasons? How do these things relate back to you? You want to talk about yourself, not in the general sense. To do this, I would suggest using examples of friends from your own life. How does your relationship with a friend who is similar to you compare with that of someone who is different?]

In conclusion, I believe friends should have some similarities to keep friendships last longer. It is hard for one to accept and stand too different or opposite lifestyles, characteristics of his friends. Trust, comfort and enjoyment are very important to friendship. That is a reason why people often said that birds of a feather flocked together.

[I noticed some awkward word usage, but I generally left those alone because your English is good enough to get your point across. You just need to figure out what your point actually IS.]

Overall, What you need to do are: practice SAT test (No need to go to any SAT test preparation center, you can manage it on your own), and write a couple more essays, then I believe YOU ARE READY to study at university in America.

vha08

Support
Dạ,chào anh !

Hôm nay em viết mail này xin anh chỉ bảo giúp con em chuyện là thế này :

Em đọc báo online ,thấy giới thiệu trung tâm YOLA chuyên dạy luyện thi SAT ,em có bảo con gái em vào đăng ký học luyện thi ,nhưng cháu bảo học phí cao quá ,để tự học (lần thi trước cháu cũng không đi luyện ở trung tâm chỉ ở nhà học ) mà em thấy tự học thi điểm không cao (1440).

Em nhờ anh cho em và cháu lời khuyên có nên đi học thêm ở trung tâm để đạt điểm như ý mình mong muốn hay không ?

Em chờ tin của anh .Chúc anh nhiều sức khỏe .

Em Loan
Lần thi SAT trước, con gái bạn thi phần toán, cháu được hơn 600/800 điểm, phần thi Anh ngữ chỉ được trên 400, nhưng qua bài essay này (620/800), tôi thấy trình độ Anh ngữ của cháu ở mức university level. Vậy bạn không cần phải lo lắng nhiều. Khi qua Mỹ định cư, cháu dư sức chiến đấu với tụi Mỹ, và sẽ có một tương lai tươi sáng.

Tôi cũng mong rằng, các bậc phụ huynh khác, khi biết mình sẽ qua Mỹ định cư, hãy cho con em mình có cơ hội học Anh ngữ trước như cô bé viết bài này