Qui2110 - a memorable trip

pipica

Thành viên mới
Thưa chú vha08, con mới vừa hoàn thành xong bài admission essay. Mong chú check giúp con. con đã cố gắng rút ngắn nhưng nó vẫn còn quá dài, mong chú nhận xét giúp để con sửa lại tốt hơn, con chân thành cảm ơn chú vha08 ạ.

Meandering on the familiar path of campus, my mind was wandering because of the incoming summer plan. I was wavering between staying at home to enjoy small free-time after long hard study and making strange summer plan. Suddenly, somebody patted on my shoulder: “Hey, Qui”. Quickly I recognized that was Nga, my leader of my TVC club which I have been participating in during my freshman year. After a short conversation about club activities; she asked: “The next summer is almost coming. What are you going to do?”

“I do not decide the summer plan” I relied “I usually squander all of summer time on movies, parties, and games; therefore, I do want to make something strange in next summer.”

“Why don’t you participate in voluntary “Green field” trip which is one of biggest voluntary trip is organized by our senior student. It is so awesome; but it is not such a comfortable summer trip.” she said, smiling.

“How do you feel after that trip?” Immediately I asked. “After that trip, I learned many lessons about life. Not only did it make me more confident, but also it taught me an unforgettable lesson.” She relied confidently “Whatever you get and whatever you give must balance up someday. Giving first, you will receive something in the certain future from other people. The life is about give-and-take”

During that night, her sentence “the life is about give-and-take” could not be wiped off my thought. I have not understood it yet, but I have a penchant of fathoming it. Finally I decided to take part in “green field” trip as making a big change in my life.

One month later, many splendid rays of summer sunlight streamed on every mountain, forest of the area near the border between Vietnam and Cambodia. Our buses had stopped after a long and weary journey. Taking a deep breath, I opened my eyes to look rigorously around the new place. My dazzled eyes were flooded with verdant fields and high mountains. I found that I was standing in front of the tranquil village with a lot of extant thatched cottages. Local resident welcomed us warmly and friendly. All of students divided into small groups which had about four students and we lived with host families in the village. Our works in this trip were helping the single aged people repairing their cottage, renovating the decrepit village bridge with local people and teaching village children. After an hour break, we had a meeting to assign a task each group of students. We had a night to adapt to new environment and making friend with members of volunteer group.

The next day, when the breathtaking morning sunlight started to flooded into everywhere in the village, we began our main task which was teaching host children. Almost children in the village have helped their parents tilling the soil or taking care of their rice-fields in the morning. Therefore, we used this time to prepare the classroom and propagate the night class for people in village. We started to walk to the classroom which was a small room the single old woman gave to build for village children. It took us about twenty minutes to reach the destination. In front of our eyes was an old cottage like any house in the village. An old woman with white hair welcomed us genially. She guided us to go to the room behind the house which was so grimy and cluttered with lots of old furniture. Quickly we began to clean up it. Under the scorching summer sun, someone brought furniture out of the room; someone cleaned the room, the furniture with old towel. Being bathed in perspiration, we still enjoyed the friendly banter with each other while peals of laughter dispelled our tiredness. Finally everything was ready for night class.

When the blazing sun was low in the orange sky, the children started to come to class with their parents. We held their tiny hands, which were worn out and dry, to guide them to their seats. They inquisitively looked around the class and timidly held the books which we had prepared before going to the village. At 5 o’clock, I slowly walked into classroom. My hands and legs began to quiver because this was the first time I stood in front of lots of children as a teacher. Taking a deep breath and whispering to myself “I can”, I confidently introduced us and the purpose of this class. Then I started to teach them how to read and write simple letters. I and my friend held each child’s hand to guide them write. Holding their hands made me remembering my first day I went to school. The class ended by the kid song we have just taught them. Then we brought them go home. This was a happiest day with me because I have just done a valuable thing. Besides my tasks, I also helped other groups’ activities when I had free times.

Sitting on the bank of river in front of a lush rice-field, I felt free and comfortable. My soul inspired the natural tranquility and splendor of nature. Two-month of living in this village helped me understanding thorough the meaning of life and changing my selfish heart. It taught me how to treat kindly and gentle with every people around me. Two-month was a short time but it was an unforgettable time with me. After precious journey, I would continue to participate in other volunteer trips like this trip whenever I could and wherever the trip would go. Although my help is so small but I try to widely disseminate what I learned from now to next generation students; so we would have more good hearts to make our world better and to share our happiness with any unlucky people.

mr_thai

Thành viên mới
Ðề: Qui2110 - a memorable trip

Day la y kien cua minh. Ban thay phu hop thi sua cho essay cua ban nha

Thưa chú vha08, con mới vừa hoàn thành xong bài admission essay. Mong chú check giúp con. con đã cố gắng rút ngắn nhưng nó vẫn còn quá dài, mong chú nhận xét giúp để con sửa lại tốt hơn, con chân thành cảm ơn chú vha08 ạ.

While I was Meandering on the familiar path around campus, my mind was wandering because of the incoming summer plan minh khong hieu lam y cua ban). I ( was debating whether I should stay home to enjoy the precious free-time that I have after a busy school day or start working on my summer plan.was wavering between staying at home to enjoy small free-time after long hard study and making strange summer plan. Suddenly, somebody patted on my shoulder: “Hey, Qui”. Quickly I recognized that was Nga, my leader of my TVC club which I have been participating in during my freshman year. After a short conversation about club activities; she asked: “The next summer is almost coming. What are you going to do?” ( Suddenly, a powerful voice just pull me back to life from my thoughts. It was Nga who is the leader of my TVC club. I was an active member of this club during my freshman year. After having a conversation with her about the club's activities, Nga asked me about my plan for this coming summer. I replied to her that I haven't had any plans in mind yet for the summer. I used to waste my summer time for movies, parties, and games and I realized that it's time for me to make my summer as an remarkable and memorable time.)
(Minh giup ban doan dau truoc, neu ban thay phu hop voi y tuong cua ban, minh se co gang giup ban phan con lai. Chuc may man.)

“I do not decide the summer plan” I relied “I usually squander all of summer time on movies, parties, and games; therefore, I do want to make something strange in next summer.”

“Why don’t you participate in voluntary “Green field” trip which is one of biggest voluntary trip is organized by our senior student. It is so awesome; but it is not such a comfortable summer trip.” she said, smiling.

“How do you feel after that trip?” Immediately I asked. “After that trip, I learned many lessons about life. Not only did it make me more confident, but also it taught me an unforgettable lesson.” She relied confidently “Whatever you get and whatever you give must balance up someday. Giving first, you will receive something in the certain future from other people. The life is about give-and-take”

During that night, her sentence “the life is about give-and-take” could not be wiped off my thought. I have not understood it yet, but I have a penchant of fathoming it. Finally I decided to take part in “green field” trip as making a big change in my life.

One month later, many splendid rays of summer sunlight streamed on every mountain, forest of the area near the border between Vietnam and Cambodia. Our buses had stopped after a long and weary journey. Taking a deep breath, I opened my eyes to look rigorously around the new place. My dazzled eyes were flooded with verdant fields and high mountains. I found that I was standing in front of the tranquil village with a lot of extant thatched cottages. Local resident welcomed us warmly and friendly. All of students divided into small groups which had about four students and we lived with host families in the village. Our works in this trip were helping the single aged people repairing their cottage, renovating the decrepit village bridge with local people and teaching village children. After an hour break, we had a meeting to assign a task each group of students. We had a night to adapt to new environment and making friend with members of volunteer group.

The next day, when the breathtaking morning sunlight started to flooded into everywhere in the village, we began our main task which was teaching host children. Almost children in the village have helped their parents tilling the soil or taking care of their rice-fields in the morning. Therefore, we used this time to prepare the classroom and propagate the night class for people in village. We started to walk to the classroom which was a small room the single old woman gave to build for village children. It took us about twenty minutes to reach the destination. In front of our eyes was an old cottage like any house in the village. An old woman with white hair welcomed us genially. She guided us to go to the room behind the house which was so grimy and cluttered with lots of old furniture. Quickly we began to clean up it. Under the scorching summer sun, someone brought furniture out of the room; someone cleaned the room, the furniture with old towel. Being bathed in perspiration, we still enjoyed the friendly banter with each other while peals of laughter dispelled our tiredness. Finally everything was ready for night class.

When the blazing sun was low in the orange sky, the children started to come to class with their parents. We held their tiny hands, which were worn out and dry, to guide them to their seats. They inquisitively looked around the class and timidly held the books which we had prepared before going to the village. At 5 o’clock, I slowly walked into classroom. My hands and legs began to quiver because this was the first time I stood in front of lots of children as a teacher. Taking a deep breath and whispering to myself “I can”, I confidently introduced us and the purpose of this class. Then I started to teach them how to read and write simple letters. I and my friend held each child’s hand to guide them write. Holding their hands made me remembering my first day I went to school. The class ended by the kid song we have just taught them. Then we brought them go home. This was a happiest day with me because I have just done a valuable thing. Besides my tasks, I also helped other groups’ activities when I had free times.

Sitting on the bank of river in front of a lush rice-field, I felt free and comfortable. My soul inspired the natural tranquility and splendor of nature. Two-month of living in this village helped me understanding thorough the meaning of life and changing my selfish heart. It taught me how to treat kindly and gentle with every people around me. Two-month was a short time but it was an unforgettable time with me. After precious journey, I would continue to participate in other volunteer trips like this trip whenever I could and wherever the trip would go. Although my help is so small but I try to widely disseminate what I learned from now to next generation students; so we would have more good hearts to make our world better and to share our happiness with any unlucky people.

pipica

Thành viên mới

Mình chân thành cảm ơn sự giúp đỡ của các bạn XNC. Mình đã review lại và edit lại cho phù hợp như sau:

While I was meandering on my familiar path around campus, my mind was wandering because of the incoming summer plan. I was wavering between staying at home to enjoy small free-time after long hard study and making my summer stranger. Suddenly, a powerful voice just drew me back to my own time, my own place: “Hey, Qui”. I recognized it was Nga who is the leader of my TVC club. I have been participating in this club during my freshman year.

After having a short conversation with her about club activities, Nga asked me about my summer plan.

“I do not decide the summer plan” I relied “I usually squander my summer time on movies, parties, and games. So I do want to make something remarkable and valuable in next summer.”

“How do you feel after that trip?” Immediately I asked. “After that trip, I learnt many lessons about life. Not only did it make me more confident, but also it taught me an unforgettable lesson.” She relied confidently “Whatever you get and whatever you give must balance up someday. Giving first, you will receive something in the certain future from other people. The life is about give-and-take”

Sitting on the bank of river in front of a lush rice-field, I felt free and comfortable. My soul inspired the natural tranquility and splendor of nature. Two-month of living in this village helped me understanding thorough the meaning of life and changing my selfish heart. It taught me how to treat kindly and gentle with every people around me. Two-month was a short time but it was an unforgettable time with me. After precious journey, I would continue to participate in other volunteer trips like this trip whenever I could and wherever the trip would go. Although my help is so small but I try to widely disseminate what I learnt from now to next generation students; so we would have more good hearts to make our world better and to share our happiness with any unlucky people.

Mong các bạn XNC và bác vha08 có thể nhận xét giúp mình. Chân thành cảm ơn

While I was meandering on my familiar path around campus, my mind was wandering because of the incoming summer plan. I was wavering between staying at home to enjoy small free-time after long hard study and making my summer stranger. Suddenly, a powerful voice just drew me back to my own time, my own place: “Hey, Qui”. I recognized it was Nga who is the leader of my TVC club. I have been participating in this club during my freshman year.

After having a short conversation with her about club activities, Nga asked me about my summer plan.

“I do not decide the summer plan” I relied “I usually squander my summer time on movies, parties, and games. So I do want to make something remarkable and valuable in next summer.”

“How do you feel after that trip?” Immediately I asked. “After that trip, I learnt many lessons about life. Not only did it make me more confident, but also it taught me an unforgettable lesson.” She relied confidently “Whatever you get and whatever you give must balance up someday. Giving first, you will receive something in the certain future from other people. The life is about give-and-take”

[Rewrite the introduction to narrative. No more than 150 words]

One month later, many splendid rays of summer sunlight streamed on every mountain, forest of the area near the border between Vietnam and Cambodia. [Does one month later has anything to do with the sunlight? Why don’t you begin with the gathering of your group or the emotions about the trip, or the scenary during your journey] Our buses had stopped after a long and weary journey. Taking a deep breath, I opened my eyes to look rigorously around the new place. My dazzled eyes were flooded with verdant fields and high mountains. I found that I was standing in front of the tranquil village with a lot of extant thatched cottages. Local resident welcomed us warmly and friendly. All of students divided into small groups which had about four students and we lived with host families in the village. Our works in this trip were helping the single aged people [What do you mean? Single middle-aged?] repairing their cottage, renovating the decrepit village bridge with local people and teaching village children. After an hour break, we had a meeting to assign a task to each group of students. We had a night to adapt to new environment and making friend with members of volunteer group.

[You confuse the reader. No flow]

The next day, when the breathtaking morning sunlight started to flooded into everywhere in the village, we began our main task which was teaching the host children. Almost children in the village have helped their parents tilling the soil or taking care of their rice-fields in the morning. Therefore, we used this time to prepare the classroom and propagate the night class for people in village. We started to walk to the classroom which was a small room the single old woman gave [You mean donate] to build for village children. It took us about twenty minutes to reach the destination [Classroom]. In front of our eyes was an old cottage like any house in the village. An old woman with white hair welcomed us genially. She guided us to go to the room behind the house which was so grimy and cluttered with lots of old furniture. Quickly we began to clean up it. Under the scorching summer sun, [You were working inside the house.The summer heat makes more sense.] someone brought furniture out of the room; someone cleaned the room, the furniture with old towel. Being bathed in perspiration [You mean sweat], we still enjoyed the friendly banter with each other while peals of laughter dispelled our tiredness. Finally everything was ready for night class.

When the blazing sun was low in the orange sky, the children started to come to class with their parents. We held their tiny hands, which were worn out and dry, to guide them to their seats. They inquisitively looked around the class and timidly held the books which we had prepared before going to the village. At 5 o’clock, I slowly walked into classroom. My hands and legs began to quiver because this was the first time I stood in front of lots of children as a teacher. Taking a deep breath and whispering to myself “I can”, I confidently introduced us and the purpose of this class. Then I started to teach them how to read and write simple letters. I and my friend held each child’s hand to guide them write. Holding their hands made me remembering my first day I went to school. The class ended by the kid song we have just taught them. Then we brought them go home. This was a happiest day with me[of my life].
because I have just done a valuable thing. Besides my tasks, I also helped other groups’ activities when I had free times.

Sitting on the bank of river in front of a lush rice-field, I felt free and comfortable. My soul inspired the natural tranquility and splendor of nature.
Two-month of living in this village helped me understanding thorough the meaning of life and changing my selfish heart [You never mention anything about your selfish, why wait to the end]. It taught me how to treat kindly and gentle with every people around me. Two-month was a short time but it was an unforgettable time with me. After precious journey, I would continue to participate in other volunteer trips like this trip whenever I could and wherever the trip would go. Although my help is so small but I try to widely disseminate what I learnt from now to next generation students; so we would have more good hearts to make our world better and to share our happiness with any unlucky people.
*** Một câu chuyện lý thú, một công tác xã hội có ý nghĩa, nhưng cháu cần xắp xếp lại câu chuyện cho nó trôi chảy. Cháu cần rút ngắn hay bỏ bớt phần tả cảnh, tả người. Hãy nói thêm về sự khó khăn trong việc thiếu thốn giáo dục của những đứa trẻ miền cao, và nói thêm về các công việc cháu đã làm trong chuyến công tác giáo dục này như: Tại sao các đứa trẻ và người lớn cần giáo dục. Nguyên nhân nào và từ đó dẫn đến các công tác giáo dục, và chi tiết các việc mà nhóm cháu đã làm trong chuyến công tác này.

pipica

Thành viên mới

Thưa chú vha08, con đã edit lại bài essay. Mong chú nhận xét giúp con còn thiếu sót nào cần sửa . Con cảm ơn chú vha08 và các bạn XNC nhiều lắm.

Meandering pensively around the campus, I was wavering between enjoying my precious free-time at home and making something stranger. Suddenly, a powerful voice drew me back from my thoughts. I recognized it was Nga who is my TVC club’s leader. After a short conversation with her about our club activities, I conferred with her about my summer plan. Understanding my doubts, she urged me to participate in an annual volunteer “Green field” trip in which the senior students usually organize to visit the impoverished village for specific charitable purposes. “Although it is not a comfortable trip, you will do a more valuable thing in your summer. Anyway, the life is about give-and-take. Whatever you get and whatever you give must balance up someday.” she said. Her suggestion strongly inspired me to make a change in this summer. I, finally, chose this trip for this summer.

One month later, the summer was coming. Though the bus window, I was attracted by the majestic mountain scenery while my mind was filled with nervousness fused with inquisitive feeling. After four hours, our buses had stopped in front of the old village after a weary journey. In this trip, we visited a deprived village located near the border between Vietnam and Cambodia which is one of the poorest areas in Viet Nam. It is covered by high mountains and thick forests; so it does not have any modern things such as electric, internet, phone wire. Most of residents live in extant thatched cottages and work on their farm. Our charity work in this trip was helping impoverished families repair their cottage, renovating the decrepit bridge with local people and especially propagating the child education by opening night class for village children who must work on farm with their families instead of going to school during the daytime.

Our group was welcome warmly by many local residents. We divided into small groups which had about four students to live with host families. After arranging where to live, I had a meeting with everybody to distribute our tasks to each group. My main task in this trip was opening night class for village children. Then I have a free time to adapt to new environment and make friends with other members in my group in the rest of day.

In the next morning, we began our tasks. In last night, we discussed about the detail of plan. Firstly, our group needed to prepare the classroom and explain to children’s parents why children need to study instead of working all day. Hearing that we were finding a place to build the classroom the children, a kind old woman offered support for us. She shared the room in her house to prepare the class. She guided us to that room. It was so grimy and cluttered with lots of old furniture because nobody has not lived in there for a long time; but we was very happy with it because we had a good place for classroom. So we started to clean it up together.

Under the scorching summer sun, I and my friends brought furniture out of the room, cleaned the room and the furniture. Then we went to the other house to borrow more tables and chairs and brought the blackboard, lights and school supplies which we had prepared for this trip before. After that, we arranged all of them into the classroom. Sweating profusely, we also enjoyed the friendly banter together. Peals of laughter dispelled our tiredness. In the afternoon, the classroom became immaculate and was ready for the night class. Then each member in my group went to every family in village to propagate the class and try to persuade them to bring their children to classroom.

When the blazing sun nearly disappeared behind the mountain, the children started to come to class with their parents. We held children’s hands, which were worn out after hard day, to guide them to the seats. They inquisitively looked around the class and timidly held the books which were strange things with them. At 5 o’clock, I slowly walked into classroom. My hands and legs began to quiver because this was the first time I stood in front of lots of children, and today I was a teacher. Taking a deep breath and whispering to myself “I can”, I confidently introduced us and the purpose of this class. Then I started to teach them how to read and write simple letters by the children song. I and my friend held each child’s hand to guide them write. I tried my best to make them feel interested in learning and class, and after that, we would persist in learning in another class when the class was closed. The class ended by the kid song we have just taught them. Then we brought them go home. This was a happiest day with me because I have just done something for my community. Besides my tasks, I also helped other groups’ activities such as repairing the cottage and the old bridge when I had free time.

While I was sitting on the bank of river in front of a lush rice-field, my soul inspired the natural tranquility and splendor of nature. Two-month of living in here helped me understanding thoroughly the meaning of life. It taught me how to treat every people with benevolence and respect. Though a short time was it, it was an unforgettable time of my life. From now, I would participate in other volunteer trips to give more help to needy people, needy village and needy areas instead of squandering on movie or party. Although my help is so small, I try to widely disseminate what I learnt from this trip to the next generation students; so we would have more good hearts to make our world better and to share our happiness with any unlucky people.

pipica

Thành viên mới
Qui2110 essay 2

Thưa chú vha08, bên cạnh personal essay, trường cũng yêu cầu viết 1 bài essay ngắn nói về reason why you transfer into WM , cháu vừa hoàn thành bài viết này, mong chú vha08 xem sơ qua giúp cháu. c cảm ơn chú nhiều lắm

While I cannot keep my eyes out of the new financial statement of ACB bank, I believed that my selection about my major, which is finance, is right. I am so interesting when studying about the meaning of the number in financial statement and about the corporate decision in capital or debt. Moreover I have a penchant of earning BA finance degree to become a financial analysis. Then I will try to earn a CFA certificate to allow me have more profound knowledge in finance. This is my goal and I persist in achieving it.
I did not finish my university study in Viet Nam because I needed to come to USA with my family. But I still want to achieve my goal. College of William and Mary is one of the oldest and best colleges in USA. It has a long history, excellence in teaching method and the best research facilities. Furthermore the final reason which makes me hope to become a student in College of William and Mary is that College of William and Mary is a research university which has top-notch resources, good research facilities and many experienced professor for student. Studying in William & Marry, I have a good chance to study finance by research method. When I study in finance course, I have a chance to do more research in it in order to understand deeply what I study; so I will develop my finance knowledge profoundly. This is a way that I have studied in previous university and I am really interested in this study method. l Overall, for all of reasons I have, I hope I can become a William & Mary college student to continue to persist in pursue my dream.

WRITING
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below:

Tóm tắt ngắn gọn một trong những hoạt động ngoại khoá hoặc một kinh nghiệm làm việc. (250 – 300 từ)

Personal Essay This personal essay helps us become acquainted with you as a person and student, apart from courses, grades, test scores, and other objective data. It will also demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself.

Please provide a statement of 250 – 500 words that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve, and attach it to your application before submission.

NOTE: Your Common Application essay should be the same for all colleges. Do not customize it in any way for individual colleges. Colleges that want customized essay responses will ask for them on a supplement form.

http://www.wm.edu/admission/undergraduateadmission/documents/2011-2012TransferCommonApp.pdf
William & Mary College là 1 trường khó. Bài essay chỉ cho phép cháu tối đa 500 từ. Tôi nói cháu rút ngắn hoặc bỏ bớt phần tả cảnh đi. Cháu hãy đọc bài này và học cách viết.

Everyone around me was out of breath. Sweat dripped down my face and my heart was beating as if I had just run a marathon. I had never danced so hard in my life. As I walked off stage, I felt like I was about to faint. Soon, my fatigue went away and my energy came back. I was able to run on stage along with 30 other team mates to retrieve the one thing we had all been fighting for: the first place trophy.

“Battle Fest New Schoolz” is a competition where dance crews all around the bay area come together and compete for the title “Champions of Battle Fest New Schoolz.” My dance crew, MVPSJ, went through months of training which required sweat, tears, and pain to get ready for this event. From April to mid-June, we had practices every weekend for twelve to sixteen hours each week. It took three weeks to refine and polish a choreographed routine. Our director always urged us to “keep pushing [ourselves],” and we did because we all wanted one thing: victory. Everyone in my dance crew and I showed up to all of the practices, endlessly worked hard and limped out of the studio sore and tired each evening. Close to the day of the event, we had hell week where we practiced from four to nine every weekdays and ten to six on weekends. By the end, I felt like my body was about to give in, but I never gave up. Competition day, June 12, 2010, arrived - the time was finally here.

Watching the other competitors perform made us nervous and feel like we didn’t have a chance to place, but we still kept our heads up. For six minutes, we all poured our hearts out, danced with passion and determination to win, and show off all of our hard work. Anxious to see if we placed, it was time to announce the results, and we heard the words: “...and first place goes to...MVPSJ!” We all ran, jumped, and yelled on stage. There were tears of joy, sighs of relief, and hugging everywhere. Our efforts had paid off. Proud smiles lit up on everyone’s faces as we held the trophy in the air.

When I want something, I will do nearly anything to get it without giving up. I felt honored, lucky, and proud to be able to share this accomplishment with everyone in my dance family who share the same passion and love as I do for one thing: dance. We were all hungry to get better and perfect ourselves. Giving up time with friends was the price I paid to show up to practice and get work done. Even when my body was in pain, my sole focus was victory and I went for it. If you want something, you have to go for it. I did, and it felt incredible. Dance is in my soul and with it I will continue to grow.
Người viết bài này chỉ có 498 chữ đã nói lên được:
- Preparation - Planning
- Work hard to achieve goal - Never give-up
- Team effort
- Sharing

Hãy học cách viết của người này, và viết lại đi

pipica

Thành viên mới

"WRITING
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below:

Tóm tắt ngắn gọn một trong những hoạt động ngoại khoá hoặc một kinh nghiệm làm việc. (250 – 300 từ)

Personal Essay This personal essay helps us become acquainted with you as a person and student, apart from courses, grades, test scores, and other objective data. It will also demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself.

Please provide a statement of 250 – 500 words that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve, and attach it to your application before submission.

NOTE: Your Common Application essay should be the same for all colleges. Do not customize it in any way for individual colleges. Colleges that want customized essay responses will ask for them on a supplement form."

thưa chú vha08, như vậy theo cháu hiểu, cháu cần viết 3 bài writing chính: 1 bài viết về kinh nghiệm 1 hoạt động ngoại khoá của cháu , 1 bài personal essay và 1 bài statemnet address reason transfer and objective you hope to achieve . Cháu hiểu như vậy có đúng không ạ.

Last edited by a moderator:

While I cannot keep my eyes out of the new financial statement of ACB bank, I believed that my selection about my major, which is finance, is right. I am so interesting when studying about the meaning of the number in financial statement and about the corporate decision in capital or debt. Moreover I have a penchant of earning BA finance degree to become a financial analysis. Then I will try to earn a CFA certificate to allow me have more profound knowledge in finance. This is my goal and I persist in achieving it.

I did not finish my university study in Viet Nam because I needed to come to USA with my family. But I still want to achieve my goal. College of William and Mary is one of the oldest and best colleges in USA. It has a long history, excellence in teaching method and the best research facilities. Furthermore the final reason which makes me hope to become a student in College of William and Mary is that College of William and Mary is a research university which has top-notch resources, good research facilities and many experienced professor for student. Studying in William & Marry, I have a good chance to study finance by research method. When I study in finance course, I have a chance to do more research in it in order to understand deeply what I study; so I will develop my finance knowledge profoundly. This is a way that I have studied in previous university and I am really interested in this study method. l Overall, for all of reasons I have, I hope I can become a William & Mary college student to continue to persist in pursue my dream.
Cháu chọn transfer vào William & Mary College vì:
1 - your reasons for transferring
- Cháu đang học đại học (ĐH nào, năm mấy) phải nghỉ học để theo gia đình di dân qua Mỹ.
- Cháu đi làm và học thêm tiếng Anh và chờ 1 năm để trở thành cư dân của tiểu bang, để được hưởng mức học phí rẻ.
- Cháu chọn WM vì nó gần nhà cháu, cháu tiết kiệm được tiền ăn ở
- Cháu chọn WM, vì yêu cầu đầu vào của Mason School of Business rất cao (GPA = 3.5) và điểm trung bình ở đại học bên Việt Nam của cháu (bản giám định của World Evaluation Service (WES) hay Global Credential Evaluator (GCE) hay American Association for Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) tương đương với GPA = bao nhiêu?)
2 - the objectives you hope to achieve
- Finance là đam mê và là chọn lựa của cháu từ khi còn học ở Việt Nam. William & Mary College, Mason School of Business đòi hỏi GPA = 3.5, những học sinh được nhận vào là những người giỏi và là những người nghiêm túc trong chọn lựa của mình. Cháu MUỐN học xong bằng finance và hy vọng sẽ học hỏi được nhiều điều hay từ những bạn học giỏi.

*** WM transfer admission requirements:
- GPA = minimum 3.5
- TOEFL iBT = 100
- Học bạ THPT
- Học bạ đại học
- Application
o 1 essay – Extracurriculum activity
o 1 essay – Personal statement
o 1 essay – reason to apply at WM

pipica

Thành viên mới

“Lifting up” sometimes shouts of my groups broke the tranquility of small village. Under scorching summer sun, sweat poured down our faces and our hearts were racing as if it wanted to run out of my chest. Some scrapes appeared on our hands and knee. We were in a “green field” summer trip which was different from any other trips I had joined before.

“Green field” trip is a volunteer trip in which we usually visit the impoverished villages to help them every summer. Our destination in this summer is a deprived village located near the border between Vietnam and Cambodia with a plan: renovating the decrepit bridge with local people and propagating the child education for village families.

We only have two months to do all of tasks in our plan; so I went into the forest to prepare material for renovating the bridge from the first days of summer. Cutting large trees, dividing into small sections of woods and bringing all of them back to village were our works during three week. I had never worked hard in my life before. My body was dripping with sweat and filling with small scrapes and pains. It became worn out and was likely to give up. But my heart kept me up, and I wanted to share my happiness to everybody. The poverty of people in this village strengthened my resolve to help them. Soon my fatigue was dispelled by my determination. I returned my work with our teams. After preparing the material for repairing, we set to work to complete the rest of task.

Shortage of tools which were used for this task was one of our problems. Our plan faced a considerable delay. We tried to solve it as soon as possible. We spent all day even if the midnight to discuss a solution for it. Finally, we found enough tools for our task by combining some tools we had. So we returned our work immediately. We strained every nerve to work because we want to complete the bridge. Though our bodies became fatigued and our clothes were drenched with sweat, we also enjoyed the friendly banter together with full of peals of laughter. After all our efforts, the new bridge was completed. Tears of joy and broad smiles were filled in everybody’s faces and the small village was flooded with happiness.

Sitting in front of the bridge, I felt exhilarating and self-respecting. Once time in my life, I did the most helpful work by my little hand and my team to share our happiness with unlucky people. By a dogged determination and a teamwork spirit, we overcame every difficulty, any challenge in this trip. The beaming smiles of unlucky people were the priceless gift for us. After this trip, we would organize more trips to come every poor area where people need our helps to bring smiles to everywhere in the world.

Thưa chú vha08, cháu mới viết lại bài essay mới. Mong chú có thể nhận xét giúp cháu.C cảm ơn chú nhiều lắm

pipica

Thành viên mới

Thưa chú vha08, cháu mới hoàn thành xong bài reason for transfer. Mong chú nhận xét giúp cháu nhé.

Today, I write this essay to discuss about the reasons I want to transfer in College Of William & Mary and the objectives I hope to achieve in my study ladder.

Firstly, I was studying as a junior in University of Economics HCM city, but I must stop my study to immigrate to USA with my family. Moreover, I also went to work while I waited for 12 months to able to study with in-state tuition. In this time, I studied English to prepare for college. And after twelve months, I decided to transfer in College of William & Mary because of two reasons. The first reason is that it is near my house; so I can live near my family. It will help me save more money when I study in college. The next reason is that I meet an admission criterion of Mason School of Business which it need 3.5 GPA for transfer student. In World Evaluation Service evaluation report, my total GPA is 3.63. Furthermore the final reason which makes me hope to become a student in College of William and Mary is that College of William and Mary is a research university which has top-notch resources, good research facilities and many experienced professor for student; and I have a chance to do more research in it in order to understand deeply what I study; so I will develop my finance knowledge profoundly.

Secondly, finance has been my interest and my dream since I studied in Viet Nam. William & Mary College has a hard admission criterion 3.5 GPA; so students study in here are good student and serious in their choice. Therefore, I hope I will learn many good lessons from them. Overall, I want to complete Bachelor of Finance and I will persist to pursue my goal.

“Lifting up” sometimes shouts of my groups broke the tranquility of small village. [Bắt đầu bài văn bằng một hành động cụ thể là một mở đầu hay, để cho người đọc hình dung được bối cảnh của câu chuyện, nhưng cần phải giải thích cho đọc giả biết hành động này cho việc gì. Từ ngay câu văn đầu tiên đã sai ngữ pháp nghiệm trọng, câu văn không có nghĩa gì hết. Viết đúng phải là:“ Shouts of "Lifting up!" from our group sometimes broke the tranquility of the small village.” Rồi phải cho người biết nhóm này đang làm chuyện gì.] Under scorching summer sun, sweat poured down our faces and our hearts were racing as if it wanted to run out of my chest. Some scrapes appeared on our hands and knee. We were in a “green field” summer trip which was different from any other trips I had joined before.
[Đại từ (Pronoun) cháu dùng lung tung. “We hoặc I” chọn một thôi. Your point of view or your group’s point of view, pick one. Tại sao chuyến đi này lại khác những chuyến đi trước.
Ngay từ đoạn mở đầu của bài văn, tác giả đã khiến người đọc bị xáo trộn (confused). Đọc xong phần mở đầu là không muốn đọc nữa rồi.

“Green field” trip is a volunteer trip in which we usually visit the impoverished villages to help them every summer. Our destination in this summer is a deprived village located near the border between Vietnam and Cambodia with a plan: renovating the decrepit bridge with local people and propagating [Bài admission essay nên dùng từ đơn giản, tránh dùng từ “Dao to búa lớn” “Improve hay provide sẽ thích hợp hơn.]the child education for village families.

We only have two months to do all of tasks in our plan; so I went into the forest to prepare material for renovating the bridge from the first days of summer. Cutting large trees, dividing into small sections of woods and bringing all of them back to village were our works during three week. I had never worked hard in my life before. My body was dripping with sweat and filling with small scrapes and pains. It became worn out and was likely to give up. But my heart kept me up, and I wanted to share my happiness to everybody. The poverty of people in this village strengthened my resolve to help them. Soon my fatigue was dispelled by my determination. I returned my work with our teams. After preparing the material for repairing, we set to work to complete the rest of task.

Shortage of tools which were used for this task was one of our problems. Our plan faced a considerable delay. We tried to solve it as soon as possible. We spent all day, even until midnight to discuss a solution for it. Finally, we found enough tools for our task by combining some tools we had. So we returned our work immediately. We strained every nerve to work because we want to complete the bridge. Though our bodies became fatigued and our clothes were drenched with sweat, we also enjoyed the friendly banter together with full of peals of laughter. After all our efforts, the new bridge was completed. Tears of joy and broad smiles were filled in everybody’s faces and the small village was flooded with happiness.

Sitting in front of the bridge, I felt exhilarating and self-respecting. Once time in my life, I did the most helpful work by my little hand and my team to share our happiness with unlucky people. By a dogged determination and a teamwork spirit, we overcame every difficulty, any challenge in this trip. The beaming smiles of unlucky people were the priceless gift [reward] for us. After this trip, we would organize more trips to come every poor area where people need our helps to bring smiles to everywhere in the world.

*** Lòng quyết tâm và tinh thần đồng đội cả hai là những bài học tốt để tìm hiểu. Ai cũng có thể nói là tôi có lòng quyết tâm và có tinh thần đồng đội (cái này gọi là "Telling"). Lòng quyết tâm và tinh thần động đội cần phải được thể hiện qua những việc làm cụ thể "Showing"

Ví dụ:
1 - Cả đội chúng tôi quyết tâm sửa cho xong cây cầu (dừa) trong ngày hôm nay. (Cái này nói mà ai nói không được)

2 - Đội chúng tôi bốn người. Mỗi người một việc. Người thì dọn dẹp sạch cỏ dại mọc hai bên chân cầu, người thì thay thế những thanh ván bị mục trên cầu, những con ốc lâu ngày bị rỉ sét, nhiều con ốc cần phải sức của hai người mới vặn ra nổi, người thì khiêng những miếng ván mới tới. Làm việc cật lực từ sáng tới gần xế chiều vẫn không thể nào xong nổi ngày hôm nay. Vừa mệt vừa đói, không ai muốn làm nữa. Nhưng thấy dân làng càng lúc càng tới đông để chờ qua cầu, chúng tôi cố thay cho xong hai miếng ván cuối cùng. Nhìn người cuối cùng qua khỏi cầu, chúng tôi nhìn nhau mỉm cười.

Let the readers be the judge. Determination and team spirit are all good lessons to learn. However, they are too general. Anyone could say they learned about determination or team spirit from their experiences. The interesting part about learning these lessons is what specifically did you learn? What aspect of these general terms are you now more aware of? For example, determination. Well, what about it? How to gain determination? How to maintain it? How to recover it when you lose it? What sort of obstacles to overcome with determination? The motivations behind determination? The easiest question to answer is ‘What?’ But the most interesting ones are always ‘Why?’ and ‘How?’

Always be specific when telling a story! The more specific you are, the clearer the picture and the greater the impact of the story you are trying to tell.

“Green Field Trip” là một công tác xã hội mỗi mùa hè, nhưng qua lời văn tác giả đã khiến cho người đọc có cảm giác có lẽ đây là chuyến công tác đầu tiên. Uỷ ban tuyển sinh là những cao thủ về essay, họ có khả năng cao để nhận ra những sự giả dối trong phong cách viết văn của người viết.
William & Mary College là một trường đại học danh tiếng. Theo tôi nhận thấy cháu, mặc dùng vốn từ Anh ngữ cháu nhiều, nhưng chưa biết cách diễn đạt tư tưởng của cháu qua lời văn. Cháu khó mà vào nổi WM College. Hãy nghe lời tôi khuyên xin vào community college học 1 khoá English Composition, để nâng cao khả năng viết văn bằng tiếng Anh. Cháu là cư dân ở Mỹ, và trường WM nhận transfer student 2 lần trong năm (Mùa fall & spring semester). Cháu có tín chỉ của 2 lớp English Composition thì không cần phải thi TOEFL, có lẽ cách này có lợi và thích hợp hơn với trường hợp và ngành cháu chọn.

pipica

Thành viên mới

thưa chú vha08,
cháu cũng thấy được khó khăn trong việc diễn đạt ý tưởng của mình ra. Ví dụ như trong essay của cháu, trip được diễn ra hàng năm nhưng đây là lần đâu cháu tham gia trip đó.
While there is no limit to the number of courses that may be transferred, William & Mary requires that at least 60 semester credits, including a minimum of 15 credits in the concentration, be earned in residence at the College in Williamsburg.
trong hướng dẫn transfer , WM có nói về số credit duoc transfer, nếu cháu học ở cc dưới 1 năm , như vậy có được transfer không, và hiện giờ cháu lỡ nộp đơn xin học vào WM cho mùa fall 2012 , chỉ còn thiếu toelf và essay, nếu cháu hông tiếp tục nộp, điều này có ảnh hưởng gì không chú.
Trong thời gian, cháu vẫn tiếp tục tập viết lại essay, xin nhờ chú nhận xét giúp cháu. cháu sẽ cố gắng chỉnh sửa văn lại cho phù hợp với người mỹ.
MOng chú giúp cháu ạ. cháu cảm ơn chú nhiều lắm

OK cháu viết lại bài esay lần nữa đi. Cháu quyết tâm vào WM thì viết lại bài esay cho đến khi tôi thấy bài của cháu có sức thuyết phục được Adcom. Anh văn của cháu rất khá, tôi tin là luyện vài lần nữa sẽ tốt.