Rớt phỏng vấn lần 1 ngày 26/8, mong chú Vha08 cho lời khuyên. Hồ sơ Phan Hoàng Hải-học MBA

phanhoanghai

Thành viên mới
Con chào chú Vha08, con phỏng vấn sáng ngày 26/8 và đã failed. Mong chú tư vấn giúp con.
Con là Phan Hoàng Hải (chú đã dợt phỏng vấn cho con 1 lần trên YIM), dự định theo học MBA tại City University of Seattle.
Thông tin bản thân và gia đình:
-Tốt nghiệp cử nhân khoa học máy tính tại FPT-Greenwich năm 2012(chương trình liên kết top-up do UK cấp chỉ học 1 năm cho những ai có bằng Aptech or NIIT ở VN). Nhưng bảng điểm không hiện GPA chỉ ghi PASS vì complete 105 credits.
-Hiện tại đang làm quản lý tại nhà(gia đình kinh doanh dịch vụ nấu ăn). Ngoài ra cũng tự học anh văn tại nhà và có IELTS 5.0 tháng 7/2013.
Tài chính:
-Mẹ làm chủ kinh doanh dịch vụ nấu ăn, thu nhập trên 100 triệu/tháng
-Ba có cổ đông ở nhà máy giấy, thu nhập trên 30 triệu/tháng
-Sổ tiết kiệm trên $60,000.
Câu hỏi chuẩn bị:

1. Which school will you attend in America?
I am going to attend a full course of MBA at City University of Seattle in America. Its address is 521 Wall Street, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98121-1851.

1. Can you tell me about your study plan in America?
Yes, I will take the English Language Program (ELP) and must complete level 6 of the ELP program but before I will be required to take a placement exam upon arrival. After finishing English proficiency and meet the requirements, I will begin assisted MBA program.

1. What is MBA? And what is MBA for?
MBA is for those who wanna be or will managing business entity. A simple way is that MBA is for whom will be the BOSS.

1. What is the tuition fee for the first year of your course?
Yes, in the first year, my total tuition fee is approximate $35,000 with more than $20,000 for tuition and fees, and more than $15,000 for living expenses.

1. Why do you choose to study in America?
America is one of the top economies in the world and also is member of G20, which is the premier forum for international cooperation on the most important issues of the global economic and financial agenda.
MBAS association (AACSB) monitors the quality of MBA program at the universities in America.
MBA courses are instructed by experienced and talent tutors who have skills in business.

1. Why do you choose to study in America?
I choose US that based on many resources on the internet and newspaper, TV, etc such as internationalstudent.com; Collegeboard.org. US is the most chosen of the international students in the world, not only me. The most important thing is that US education pays attention to study in practice more than in theory.

1. What subjects will you study?
Yes, I must finish 48 credits with 36 credit for Business Core Courses(Business Mângement, Business Communication and Research, Business Operation, Business Strategy, Managing with Technology, etc) and 12 credits for Emphasis Areas but just pick one (Accounting, Change Leadership, Finance, Marketing, Project Management, Human Resource Management, Global Management, etc).

1. How did you know about this school?
Yes, I knew this school throughout my friends and also website and forum on the internet. All things consider that this is good school and suitable for me.

1. How many brothers and sisters do you have? And what are their jobs?
I have only one younger sister, she got married for more than 1 year and now she has been living with her husband in San Jose in America. You know, because she came in US for a short time and now she is pregnant, so that she just stays at home to take care of her baby. Besides that her husband earns money for their family, he is a constructor.

1. What do your parents do? (What are your parents’ jobs?)
Yes, my mom owns and operates Hung Men Catering Service for approximate 20 years while my dad is a shareholder in Dinh Thanh Company and he has got profit monthly from this company.

1. What guarantees that you will attend this course after you have arrived in America?
Yes, arriving to US to study is my main reason. I will prepare everything to able to study in the US such as improving and updating my English skills, learning about the universities, this course, and living in here. That is my efforts for a long time and I do not want to become a illegal citizen.

1. Why do you choose this program? Or Why choose MBA?
I choose MBA program because I want to develop my family catering service. Catering service is on high demand in my country, I am running my family business without manage training. With MBA program, I hope I will gain the best knowledge and technology in US to manage my family's business better.

1. You have BS in computing, why not continue MS-computer science?
My family's business is doing so good, so my parent asked me to help them, so I quit computing.

1. Why did you choose City Seattle University?
I applied 3 schools such as National University, California of Lutheran, City University of Seattle but only this school accepted me because I meet the requirements.

1. If a US company offers you a job after you have finished your study, will you accept that job offer?
In fact that if a US company offers me a job after I have finished my study, I will accept to gain experiences and learn how US company run their business.

1. Do you want to work in US to gain experience?
I will get an internship at catering service company in US to gain experiences, and learn how US company run their business.

1. Do you intend to stay in America after finishing your study?
Of course not, my long term is living in my country because I have to manage and develop my family’s business. Moreover, I have lovely parents, many good friends, kind relatives and especially my lover.

1. Where will you stay in America?
I will stay in a household near my university or stay in dormitory because I learned and looked for everything from websites, forums on the internet.

1. Who pay for your study?
Yes, my parents will support all of total fee while I am studying in US. (Very good)

1. How can your parents support you while you are studying in America?
Yes, my parents will support all of total fee while I am studying in US. Now, my mother’s income is more than 100 million Vietnam Dong in month and my father’s income is also approximate 20 to 30 million Vietnam Dong in month. Besides that, my parents have also savings-books in banks for about more than $60,000. I think it is enough for me to study abroad in US and if you want I have to pay all of my tuition fees, my parents also will supply for me.

1. Do you intend to work while studying in America?
Absolutely not, my main purpose to arrive to US is study and my family has enough money for me to live independently in here. But if I have an opportunity, I would like to join in volunteer work and attend school part-time because I think it is a good way to improve my English skills and I can make more friends in there. Moreover, MBA program is not so easy to study that I must focus my time in study not in work.

1. How long do you intend to stay in America?
Yes, I would like to stay in America for about 33 months.

1. Who will you contact when you reach America?
If I get a nonimmigrant Visa, I will contact Mr. Michael Campbell, MA (International Student Advisor).

Và đây là buổi phỏng vấn sáng 26/8:

ME: Good morning ma'am, I am Phan Hoang Hai, today I come here to convince you to issue my student Visa. How do you do, today? Ma'am
CO: I am fine. (sau đó ko thèm hỏi lại mình).
CO:Which schools do you attend to study?
ME: I am going to attend a main course of MBA at City University of Seattle. Its address is 521 Wall Street, Suite 100, Seattle, WA
CO: Nói gì đó rất khó nghe, thật sự lúc ngồi chờ con hy vọng nhất được vào Gate 6 vì CO này giọng nói rất dễ nghe, nhưng số thứ tự đưa con vào Gate 4.
CO: Con nghe được là Which schools did you graduate? Show me your degree.
Me: I graduated in FPT-Greenwich in 2012. My bachelor is science computing.
CO: How is GPA?
Me: Đến lúc này con lưỡng lự vì thật sự trong bảng điểm con không có ghi, chỉ biết là con PASS credits nên có bằng.
Me: I studied Cooperation Program (Top-up) and just studied 1 year to finish after that UK issued my BS degree.
CO: nói gì đó rồi đánh máy bảo là con không hiểu bộ luật và quyền hạn của Mỹ nên không được cấp Visa. Thật sự giọng nói của CO này hơi khó nghe nên đôi khi con không hiểu hết, có những thứ con có giải thích nhưng CO người Việt bảo là hỏi cái nào thì trả lời cái đó.
Me: Please give me a chance to explain, Ma'am... nhưng không được./END
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Con không biết nguyên nhân chính xác mình failed nhưng có thể tạm hiểu về GPA ở đại học. Hiện tại 2/10 con mới nhập học nên sẽ xin tái phỏng vấn VISA lần 2 trong tháng 9 này nếu còn ngày nhưng truớc mắt con có dự định như sau:
-Xin trường City University off Seattle 1 tờ đơn giải trình về bằng cấp của con ở VN tại sao họ nhận con, GPA con nếu quy ra thì được bao nhiêu?
-Mail qua bên Greenwich của UK hỏi về GPA của mình.

Thật sự mà nói buổi phỏng vấn này con chuẩn bị rất chu đáo + thêm có chú Vha08 hướng dẫn nên con cũng tự tin 80%, nhưng kết quả không như mong đợi.
Trước mắt con chỉ biết làm như vậy mong chú cho con lời khuyên.

Con cám ơn chú !

Ðề: Rớt phỏng vấn lần 1 ngày 26/8, mong chú Vha08 cho lời khuyên. Hồ sơ Phan Hoàng Hải-học MBA

Cháu đi học mà bảng điểm của cháu mà cháu không biết hay sao?. FTP thì tôi chỉ thấy các chứng chỉ sau 1 môn học (tong cộng cháu có 7 cái của FTP?) và bang đại học của Greenwick

Greenwick là đại học của Anh, cho nên tính điểm theo lối Anh. City university of Seattle, lúc dợt PV tôi cũng nói cho cháu biết trước rồi là cháu sẽ không học được nhiều gì từ cái trường này, cháu mà có email hỏi trường tại sao họ nhận cháu thì họ sẽ trả lời là: Cháu có tiền trả tiền học và có bằng đại học rồi, các chuyện khác họ không quan tâm tới đâu.

Tất cả các trường đại học ở Mỹ, muốn theo học MBA thì họ sẽ đòi bằng đại học, transcript, GMAT hay GRE và Anh văn. Không có trường nào ngoại lệ. Học sinh nào không đủ điều kiện thì có trường sẽ cho học pre-MBA trước (Pre MBA cũng là Anh văn và các lớp business cơ bản).

Tại sao đi PV visa mà cháu không mang học bạ theo? học bạ THPT, FPT và Greenwick cháu không biết tính điểm của Anh qua GPA, nhưng CO biết đọc tất cả các bảng điểm/học bạ mà.