A moment which has an important impact on you.

ptvienna08

Thành viên tích cực
Thưa bác Vha, kính nhờ bác xem giúp cháu bài essay này. Yêu cầu chỉ viết từ 150-300 words. Cháu viết xong và cảm thấy nó không ổn nhưng vẫn không biết là chưa ổn chỗ nào (về mặt nội dung, và cả các thì dùng trong bài). Xin bác hướng dẫn thêm giúp cháu ạ. Cháu cám ơn bác.

Topic: Describe a moment which has an important impact on you. Why is it important?

It has been 3 years since the day I got the acceptance from the International University, my recent school. Although there must have been some unwanted trouble during studying there, I will never regret for my decision. The moment I put my first step in this school, my life has been changed.

Admittedly, I used to be like an industrial chicken in my house. My mother always watched over me. I did not allow going so far. I had to tell my mother where I would go and she would take me to that place. My duty, at that time, was nothing but study. I was afraid of thinking about the time I would go to the university because it was 15 km far away from my home.

The day I attended to the university, I knew it was time for my mother to release my hand. I did not want to be a little chicken anymore. I must prove my independence to my parents. Almost every day, I had to catch 2 buses to go to school and tried to come home on time before my mother could get worry. In my free time, I prepared meals for my whole family. That was not bad for the beginning.

Making new friends was also my challenge. My parents were worry that I could meet some bad guys in new school. Fortunately, I met many lovely friends and they helped me a lot in study as well as entertaining. Being in this group, I have become more active when joining some great activities with them. The most memorable time we had spent together was the Singapore trip last summer. My parents started to feel relieved when letting me study far away from them.

Until now, I am still grateful for being a student of International University, the only public college using English as a medium for instruction. It not only creates a good environment for me to study but also brings me wonderful friends. The most important thing is now my parents are ready to let me fly away.

Describe a moment which has an important impact on you. Why is it important?

It has been 3 years since the day I got the acceptance from [accepted to] the International University,[Where is the school located?] my recent school. Although there must have been were some unwanted troubles [What were the troubles did you encounter?] during studying there, I will never regret for my decision. The moment I put my first step in this school, my life has been changed. [Very good introductory thesis]

Admittedly, I used to be like an industrial chicken in my house [Giống như một con gà công nghiệp ở trong nhà – What do you mean? You mean, you were well-care-for. Do not think like a Vietnamese. You are writing in English and for the English speaking reader. Think & write like an American]. My mother always watched over me. I did not allow going so far [Why?]. I had to tell my mother where I would go and she would take me to that place. My duty, at that time, was nothing but study. I was afraid of thinking about the time I would go to the university because it was 15 km far away from my home. [Not related]

The day I attended to the university, I knew it was time for my mother to release my hand. I did not want to be a little chicken anymore. I must prove my independence to my parents. Almost every day, I had to catch 2 buses to go to school and tried to come home on time before my mother could get worry. In my free time, I prepared meals for my whole family. That was not bad for the beginning.

Making new friends was also my challenge. My parents were worry that I could meet some bad guys in new school. Fortunately, I met many lovely friends and they helped me a lot in study as well as entertaining. Being in this group, I have become more active when joining some great activities with them. The most memorable time we had spent together was the Singapore trip last summer. My parents started to feel relieved when letting me study far away from them.

Until now, I am still grateful for being a student of International University, the only public college using English as a medium for instruction. It not only creates a good environment for me to study but also brings me wonderful friends. The most important thing is now my parents are ready to let me fly away. [Chicken cannot fly. A bird can.][Why you bring-up new idea in your conclusion. You should say this: Being a university student, you have learnt many things to become self-independent]

Nothing wrong with your thesis. It is how you put your ideas together and your word of choice. I'll show you how to write an essay in another topic.

ptvienna08

Thành viên tích cực
Cháu cám ơn chú vha, cháu sẽ viết lại bài và gửi lại cho chú xem.
Còn bây giờ cháu xin chú xem giúp 1 bài essay nữa ạ :

Topic: Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why these qualities are important.

Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. In my opinion, a good roommate is not only a person whom you live with but also the one is available in need when you live far away from home. However, how can we define a “good” roommate? Some of the important qualities are as follows.

I believe honesty should be the first consideration. Assuming that you are living with a stranger whom you do not know anything about, how can you make this one feel reliable? Being with another for a long time is not an easy task. You are supposed to create a trustworthy image to them, but how? For example, my friend used to live in dormitory for a year, and her roommate has a bad habit that she likes picking something-not-belonging-to-her up. I think she may not do it intentionally but she still left a bad image to my friend. Since then, my friend had to keep her eyes on the properties carefully.

The other characteristic is neat. Could you live with a person messing your room with dirty clothes or food? Actually, the room atmosphere affects your study as well as your health. You cannot study or live in a mess. Therefore, your roommate must be tidy and organizing. Living with such a person also helps you organize everything in order as well as study well in a “fresh” environment.

Finally, tactful is the last quality I mention. Roommates are friends also. A friend indeed is the one caring your feelings and do not bother you with the nonsense problem. He/she is sensitive enough to know when a conversation should be made up to fulfill your feeling, or when quiet atmosphere must be created to let you focus on your study.

A roommate is the one who is close to you mostly in the time you live far from home. Thus, a good one with some good qualities that I have mentioned above will not only help you study better but also make you feel happier when not living with your family.

Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university, in my opinion, a good roommate is not only a person whom you live with, but also the one is available in need when you live far away from home [This is one sentence]. However, how can we define a “good” roommate? Some of the important qualities are as follows: [Use a colon to indicate a list or a series]

I believe honesty should be the first consideration. Assuming that you are living with a stranger whom you do not know anything about, how can you make this one feel reliable? [How do you feel, confortable? Secured? Can you trust this person? Being with another for a long time is not an easy task. You are supposed to create a trustworthy image to them, but how? For example: [colon not comma] my friend used to live in dormitory for a year, and her roommate has a bad habit that she likes picking-up something, which not belonging to her. She may not do it intentionally but she still left a bad image to my friend. Since then, my friend has to keep her eyes on her properties.

Another characteristic is neat. Could you live with a person messing your room with dirty clothes or food? Actually, the room atmosphere affects your study as well as your health. You cannot study or live in a mess. Therefore, your roommate must be tidy and organized. Living with such a person also helps you organize everything in order as well as study well in a “Fresh” environment.

Finally, tactful is the last quality I mention [need to be concerned, when you choose a roommate]. Roommates are friends also. A friend indeed is the one caring for your feelings and do not bother you with the nonsense problems. He/she is sensitive enough to know when a conversation should be made to fulfill your feeling, or when quiet atmosphere must be created to let you focus on your study.

A roommate is the one who is close to you mostly in the time you live far from home. Thus, a good one with some good qualities that I have mentioned above will not only help you study better but also make you feel happier when not living with your family. Visit the room or have a initial meeting with your roommates before you decide to move-in, will help you to prevent unnecessary conflicts later on.

Good job. You begin to understand how to write an essay. I give you an A minus on this one. Keep up the good work.

ptvienna08

Thành viên tích cực
Dạ cháu xin cám ơn chú vha08,
Thật ra thì những dạng bài nghị luận, nêu ra những ý support cho quan điểm của mình như dạng bài ở trên đây (hay trong các bài TOEFL nói chung) thì cháu làm khá tốt vì có thể nghĩ ra các ý và sắp xếp chúng rõ ràng rành mạch.
Còn dạng như kể chuyện để trả lời các câu hỏi giống bài đầu cháu gửi thì cháu lại bối rối, không biết bắt đầu từ đâu và xếp ý thế nào cho hợp lý. Cháu cũng chưa biết viết làm sao để qua câu chữ, người đọc có thể hình dung được cháu là người thế nào. Cháu có đọc qua các bài trong diễn đàn, thấy có những bài thật sự rất hay, và có phần ngưỡng mộ.
Cháu rất mong nhận được sự chỉ dẫn của chú cũng như của các bạn khác ạ.
Cháu xin cám ơn.