Application essay

lana

Thành viên mới
Bác có thể xem qua cho cháu 2 bài essay này và góp ý cho cháu được không ah? Deadline của cháu là 1Jan

Version 2 (khoảng 600 words)

"No one's fingerprints are exactly the same as anyone else's". Like everyone else, my life is just simply me, unique and special. A girl grew up from endless stories with different nuances: a bit of sadness, a bit of happiness, with some spices of shocks and even frighten.

“I will study in class E, mom, not D”, I lay down and turned back on her, silently anticipating a respond. Just a respond but nothing from my mother! Nothing! Nothing at all! Vividly the image of me, a 10 year old girl crying quietly in the dark, is coming back in my memory with a thought “nothing or no one can ever repair it”.

I was transferred into class E-normal class in school, not the gifted. Being shocked and extremely depressing tight me up. I was in new class, didn’t know where to start, where to go. Another part of me kept screaming inside every day: “I don’t belong to here”.

Things, sometimes, are beyond my control. My old friends in old class, turned back, leaving me alone in empty. Wishing the order could be rearranged like it was in past, I avoided the fact at first. Then, even though I felt hurt and be abandoned, I accepted! It took much time for me to pretend in vain that nothing happened, have a new life and started creating new friends. Whispering to myself thousands of times “It is going to be fine!”

Everyday was the struggle for me. Being new at this class was trying enough, but trying to be an individual at new class was extremely inconceivable. I tried hard to ignore everything to gain notice and earned the respect of others. I wanted to start a new life. However, it usually ended up with countless whispers and laughs. Some showed their index fingers. Some sympathized me but the best job they could do was ridicule me.

They say that every road comes to an end but sometimes the end feel just like the beginning, even when you think you have come a long way. It’s true. When I thought that I would finish my last two years in this class with the hatred and isolation, there was a key opening the gates to let me dissolve in the friendship that I had lost. It was Hong. Simply saying gently “Come and sit next to me!” she pushed me out of my bias with the class gradually. Hong was the first one to talk and encouraged the class talk to me friendly. She also told me many stories about our friends to help me understand them deeply as well as myself. In break, I usually played chess with her. Frankly, I owed her a lot. She gave me a chance to be a part of this class. Appreciating this and didn’t want to lose it again, I tried hard to show my honesty and my love. I was generous to share with not only her but also the whole my collection of comic books that I loved most or help them with their assignments.

Gradually and naturally, I became a member of the class, felt freely to chat with my classmates. I have been proud to say “We were the one!”

And from that day up until now, the pieces of this memory have still grasped me. The girl today grows up enough to take this part for granted. It has forever strengthened my person.

lana

Thành viên mới
Ðề: Application essay

Every year, Hanoi is at its hottest time during the university entrance exam since its perfect combination of burning hot sun and thousands of participants and their parents from every parts of our country surging into the city. No one wants to even get out of the house at this time. Yet last summer, I volunteered to assist and guide the candidates to the exam room and taking pictures for the school newspaper. Frankly, the agitation thrilling through this place was draining every last drop of my energy. Parents got exhausted after hours and hours waiting for their children.

This was the first time I have stood, run from place to place for hours in the sun and offering food to everyone. At home, mom always took care of me. Right now, I felt extremely tired. I thought I could faint immediately and the idea of giving up passed through my mind. Suddenly, a shout has stroke me: “Hey, give the man over there some water, please Ngoc Anh!” I nodded reluctantly and swore that after this task, I would call my dad to take me home.

Walking near that man stirred up a strange emotion in me. The sight of the man smoking in the corner alone, full of anxiety and hope induced me to talk to him. After a small greeting, I knew his name was Que and he was waiting for his son taking test in this building. He broke out into emotion and shared me his story. Money was always useful in life, especially with someone like him. For a trip to Hanoi, he had to spend one-third of this year’s family income. Everything in Hanoi was so expensive for them, and he could barely manage for another two days.

Uncle Que enticed me to his story naturally. This man told proudly about his son: Hung was always the best student and the pride of the family and now, his goal is to get in this university. It might bring a different future for Hung, as uncle Que didn’t want his son to work in the farm forever. Uncle Que wanted his kid to have a better life. By a firm voice, he told me that even if he had to sell all of this land to support Hung’s education, he would, without hesitation. He smiled to make his commitment stronger. I was dumbfounded by those honest words not only because of the sincerity but also I saw the reflection of my parents in this. My parents, like him, usually passionately told their friends about me. It sometimes made me embarrassed, anger and conflicts. However, I realized that this was the way that they showed their pride, love to me. I knew that mom and dad always stand by me.

A while after breaking off the talk between me and uncle, I was exposed by different angle of life that a small girl surrounded by her small comfort zone has never seen before. Soon, my fatigue went away, my energy came back and I decided to continue with 150%. I was barely able to support him financially; still I felt that I shared a part of burden on his shoulder. I didn’t know if we will have chance to meet again or not but I believed that with a little help of mine, Hanoi might be a little fresher and more beautiful for both of us. At home, mom was waiting for me with dinner and my comfort zone was still here.

lana

Thành viên mới

Chú vha ơi, mong chú sửa bài essay trong Commonapp cho con. Sắp đến deadline rồi (30th Dec )nên mong chú có thể sửa nhanh giùm con được không ạ. Con thấy bài của con dù đã cut mãi rồi vẫn trên 500 words lận mà lại ko hay. Chú có thể suggest và edit cho con ko ạ. Con cám ơn chú ạ.

"No two fingerprints are exactly the same". Like everyone else, my life is just simply me, unique and special. A girl grew up from endless stories with different nuances: a bit of sadness, a bit of happiness, with some spices of shocks and even frighten.

I was transferred into E-normal class (Explain what is E-normal class) in school, not the gifted. Being shocked and extremely depressing tight me up. I was in new class, didn’t know where to start, where to go. Another part of me kept screaming inside every day: “I don’t belong to here”.

Things, sometimes, are beyond my control. My old friends in old class, turned back, leaving me alone in the emptiness. Wishing the order could be rearranged like it was in past, I avoided the fact at first. Then, even though I felt hurt and be abandoned, I accepted! It took much time for me to pretend in vain that nothing happened, have a new life and started creating new friends. Whispering to myself thousands of times “It is going to be fine!”

Every day was the struggle for me. Being new at this class was trying enough, but trying to be an individual at new class was extremely inconceivable. I tried hard to ignore everything to gain notice and earned the respect of others. I wanted to start a new life. However, it usually ended up with countless whispers and laughs. Some showed their index fingers, some sympathized, but the best job they could do was ridiculed (criticized is a better word) me.

Every road comes to an end but sometimes the end feels just like the beginning, even when you think you have come a long way. When I thought that I would finish my last two years in this class with the hatred and isolation, there was a key opening the gates, to let me dissolve in the friendship that I had lost. It was Hong. Simply saying gently “Come and sit next to me!” she pushed me out of my bias with the class gradually. Hong was the first one to talk and encouraged the class talk to me friendly. She also told me many stories about our friends to help me understand them deeply as well as myself. In break, I usually played chess with her. She gave me a chance to be a part of this class. Appreciating this and didn’t want to lose it again, I tried hard to show my honesty and my love. I was generous to share with not only her but also the whole my collection of comic books that I loved most or help them with their assignments.

I became a member of the class, felt freely to chat with my classmates. I have been proud to say “We were the one!”

And from that day up until now, the pieces of this memory have still grasped me. The girl today grows up enough to take this part for granted. It has forever strengthened my person.

Good job

lana

Thành viên mới

Cháu cám ơn bác rất nhiêu ah:D

Cháu vừa viết bài thứ 2 đã post ở trên, thực sự cháu không biết nên take bài nào ah:(( Bác có thể suggest cháu đuợc không ah:D

Bài tôi vừa mới sửa cho cháu. This is what Bates seeking in you.
Bài thứ 2 tầm thường và "Boring"

lana

Thành viên mới

cháu cám ơn bác nhiều lắm :D Cháu sẽ upload bài 1:D

lana

Thành viên mới

Bác ơi! cháu có viết lại một chút bài về volunteer mong bác suggest cho cháu ah:D(Cháu cũng khá thích đề tài này)

July is the hottest time of a year, and the sun seems to be more burning with thousands of students and parents pouring into the city for the University Entrance Exam. They come form 64 different parts of Vietnam, mostly in rural area but all share the same hope that their kids would pass the exam, make it to college and change the life of their family. Under the burning sun of mid summer, there was a girl who has never had to expose to the sun for hours running back and forth to help people without water or air conditional. This was me! During this volunteer event that I signed to help students’ parents, the encounter between me and Uncle Que stayed in my mind and changed me from a narrow mind girl to a girl who knows how to care for others, changed to appreciate what she has.

The sight of the man smoking in the corner alone, full of anxiety and hope induced me to talk to him. After a small greeting, I knew his name was Que and he was waiting for his son taking test in this building. He broke out into emotion and shared me his story. Money was always useful in life, especially with someone like him. For a trip to Hanoi, he had to spend one-third of this year’s family income. Everything in Hanoi was so expensive for them, and he could barely manage for another two days. He enticed me to his story naturally. He told proudly about his son: Hung was always the best student and the pride of the family and now, his goal is to get in this university. It might bring a different future for Hung, as he didn’t want his son to work in the farm forever. Uncle Que wanted his kid to have a better life. By a firm voice, he told me that even if he had to sell all of this land to support Hung’s education, he would, without hesitation. He smiled to make his commitment stronger. I was dumbfounded by those honest words not only because of the sincerity but also I saw the reflection of my parents in this. My parents, like him, usually passionately told their friends about me. It sometimes made me embarrassed, anger and conflicts. However, I realized that this was the way that they showed their pride, love to me. I knew that mom and dad always stand by me.

A while after breaking off the talk between me and uncle, I was exposed by different angle of life that a small girl surrounded by her small comfort zone has never seen before. Soon, my fatigue went away, my energy came back and I decided to continue with 150%. I was barely able to support him financially; still I felt that I shared a part of burden on his shoulder. I didn’t know if we will have chance to meet again or not but I believed that with a little help of mine, Hanoi might be a little fresher and more beautiful for both of us. At home, mom was waiting for me with dinner and I have learned to appreciate what I have.

P/s: Cháu có đưa bài essay về isolation của cháu cho một số bạn đọc thì hầu như mọi người đều không ấn tượng và bảo boring (quá negative person) nên cháu rất lo lắng ah :((

July is the hottest time of a year, and the sun seems to be more burning with thousands of students and parents pouring into the city for the University Entrance Exam. They come form 64 different parts of Vietnam, mostly in rural area but all share the same hope that their kids would pass the exam, make it to college and change the life of their family. Under the burning sun of mid summer, there was a girl who has never had to expose to the sun for hours running back and forth to help people without water or air conditional. This was me! During this volunteer event that I signed-up to help students’ parents, the encounter between me and Uncle Que stayed in my mind and changed me from a narrow mind girl to a girl who knows how to care for others, changed to appreciate what she has.
Ngay phần mở đầu, tôi không hiểu cháu muốn nói tới chuyện gì.

Cháu có đưa bài essay về isolation của cháu cho một số bạn đọc thì hầu như mọi người đều không ấn tượng và bảo boring (quá negative person) nên cháu rất lo lắng ah
Mục đích của bài Admission Essay là gì? Thành tích học tập và các công tác xã hội của cháu đã được thể hiện qua học bạ và résumé của cháu. Còn cá tính và con người của cháu sẽ được thể hiện qua phong cách viết văn của cháu. Đây là điều mà trường muốn biết thêm về cháu.

Trong Common Application, và essay topic của nhiều trường "Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence." Cháu đọc lại bài văn cháu viết, có phải "Hong" là người đã làm thay đổi con người cháu không?

Trong bài văn cháu viết, tôi thích nhất là câu này:
"Every road comes to an end but sometimes the end feels just like the beginning, even when you think you have come a long way"