Supplement

lana

Thành viên mới
Supplement essay 1st draft

Dear mrVha08,
I am Ngoc Anh. I have just finished my Supp essay and I hope that you would give me some comment . Thank you a lot and looking forward to hearing from you.

Since my childhood till now, I am very good at observing things and want to know how thing works. Growing older, I have chosen to study in major chemistry to fulfill my eagerness. The major interest of mine, which I have not had the opportunity to express elsewhere on my application, is the science biology. Pure affection does not need the reason. Throughout the time in school, I find the real “am” whenever I do experiments in laboratory. My sense of excitement and curiosity that I thought I lost when growing older now has been ignited. Standing in the laboratory, doing the chemistry experiments make me contented. How this experiment can form the solid into liquid. How gorgeous and hazardous it is to see the whole period of a reaction and the result. The beautiful yellow smoke I created by mixing some materials. The more curious and failure I face, the more eager I want to find the answer, to learn, to know, to take another the try. However the process of working in the laboratory requires a team to co-work. The success comes with one can balance the person inside with the members.

This is me! I want to make a difference. I don’t think so far that I can change the world right now, but I want to make something for myself in college. I want to study in science biology to understand deeply the knowledge that I have learned in high school. I also want to do internships, conduct a research project with a professor, and to help out in the society. I trust that Bates will give me the chance to pursue all these targets while I can still keep up my sanity. I totally believe Bates can nurture my personal traits and open gates to emancipate myself.

I find Bates. Bates is located in Maine, known as the Pine Tree State. Coming to Maine, I can see the real Pine Tree with Santa Claus story that only appears in the imagination of Vietnamese girls. This college is one the first colleges that recruited Vietnamese students in 1997 by Bill Hiss, the first Dean of Admissions at Bates to Vietnam. Many students graduate from this school are very successful in the careers. I want to be one of them. I want to take that chance and go for their place and then I will continue back to Bates to serve my honor. I believe Bates can help me the emancipate myself. Or maybe it is the small conversation with Ms Thao, class of 2010 gave me when they traveled in Hanoi few days in July. Having been providing me her real experience and appreciation of Bates, she pushed the blind love in me to Bates into tighter. When I asked what are the most things she loved in her college, she said she could lay freely and discussed with the professor whenever she wanted. She told me about Vietnamese community with many awesome outdoor activities in Bates, about the wine party pre- thanksgiving in dormitory that Vietnamese girls created. In Bates, professor can put their personal ambitions and egos aside to offer students understanding, friendly advice and constructive criticism.

That all, Bates is always my dream and my goal.

P/s: 1-2 paragraph là yêu cầu của trường ah:(

Chỉnh sửa cuối:
Ðề: Supplement

Bates College is a very small school, where everybody knows each others, a closed-knit campus, an academically challenging, and a Liberal Art College. I strongly urge you to do more research before you decide to apply.

However, if you insist, you need to do a thorough research about Bates, and rewrite you supplement essay.

Prompt: What inspire you and draw you to Bates?

I - Show them what you are, and what you are looking for
II - what Bates has to offer you, and prove to them you are the best candidate
III - A conversation with Ms Thao class of 2010 has confirmed your desire to be a Bates student.

Keep in mind that Bates college is very strong in mathematic and linguistics, but not sciences, and you want to be a chemist and/or biochemist. National universities might be your school of choice. They are research universities and they offer higher degree, while Bates only offers bachelor degree.

Please think it over.

lana

Thành viên mới

Tại vì năm nay cai topic cuar Bates thực sự rất vague nên cháu không thể chắc chắn liệu cháu có đi đúng hướng khi viết không ạ!

Supplementary Essay

In addition to the Common Application essay, please select one phrase from the Bates mission statement below and comment on how it inspires you and draws you to Bates (1-2 paragraphs).
Since 1855, Bates College has been dedicated to the emancipating potential of the liberal arts. Bates educates the whole person through creative and rigorous scholarship in a collaborative residential community. With ardor and devotion - Amore ac Studio - we engage the transformative power of our differences, cultivating intellectual discovery and informed civic action. Preparing leaders sustained by a love of learning and a commitment to responsible stewardship of the wider world, Bates is a college for coming times.

P/s Ngành cháu yêu thích là Eco + Bio + Visual art (Bates offer tất cả nên cũng hấp dẫn lắm ah)

Topic của Bates không có gì là "Lờ mờ" cả - Tại vì cháu không hiểu tựa bài mà thôi, và không chịu tìm hiểu rõ về Bates.

Since my childhood till now, I am very good at observing things and want to know how thing works. Growing older, I have chosen to study in major chemistry to fulfill my eagerness. The major interest of mine, which I have not had the opportunity to express elsewhere on my application, is the science biology. Pure affection does not need the reason. Throughout the time in school, I find the real “am” whenever I do experiments in laboratory. My sense of excitement and curiosity that I thought I lost when growing older now has been ignited. Standing in the laboratory, doing the chemistry experiments make me contented. How this experiment can form the solid into liquid. How gorgeous and hazardous it is to see the whole period of a reaction and the result. The beautiful yellow smoke I created by mixing some materials. The more curious and failure I face, the more eager I want to find the answer, to learn, to know, to take another the try. However the process of working in the laboratory requires a team to co-work. The success comes with one can balance the person inside with the members. Rút ngắn lại 100 từ thôi

This is me! I want to make a difference. I don’t think so far that I can change the world right now, but I want to make something for myself in college. I want to study in science biology to understand deeply the knowledge that I have learned in high school. I also want to do internships, conduct a research project with a professor, and to help out in the society. I trust that Bates will give me the chance to pursue all these targets while I can still keep up my sanity. I totally believe Bates can nurture my personal traits and open gates to emancipate myself.

I find Bates. Bates is located in Maine, known as the Pine Tree State. Coming to Maine, I can see the real Pine Tree with Santa Claus story that only appears in the imagination of Vietnamese girls. This college is one the first colleges that recruited Vietnamese students in 1997 by Bill Hiss, the first Dean of Admissions at Bates to Vietnam. Many students graduate from this school are very successful in the careers.
(Đoạn này dư thừa, bất cứ ai muốn biết về Bates, cũng có thể tìm kiếm thông tin này trên mạng - Cháu cần phải viết Bates có những gì cháu tìm kiếm và khiến cháu tìm đến với Bates) I want to be one of them (Và cháu mong muốn là một thành viên của đại gia đình Bates). I want to take that chance and go for their place and then I will continue back to Bates to serve my honor. I believe Bates can help me the emancipate myself. Or maybe it is the small conversation with Ms Thao, class of 2010 gave me when they traveled in Hanoi few days in July. Having been providing me her real experience and appreciation of Bates, she pushed the blind love in me to Bates into tighter. When I asked what are the most things she loved in her college, she said she could lay freely and discussed with the professor whenever she wanted. She told me about Vietnamese community with many awesome outdoor activities in Bates, about the wine party pre- thanksgiving in dormitory that Vietnamese girls created. In Bates, professor can put their personal ambitions and egos aside to offer students understanding, friendly advice and constructive criticism. Đoạn này rút ngắn lại 75 từ là OK

Viết lại đi.

Bates là một trường đại học tư thục nhỏ. Giáo sư và các sinh viên xem nhau như bạn bè, người thân trong gia đình. Cháu hãy chứng minh cho Bates thấy, cháu sẽ là thành viên sẽ có những đóng góp tích cực cho gia đình Bates, thì cháu sẽ được Bates nhận vào học. Tôi đã cho cháu khung bài rồi hãy viết lại .

That all, Bates is always my dream and my goal.

lana

Thành viên mới

Cháu cám ơn ah! Cháu sẽ viết lại và post lên sớm nhất có thể ah:D