Why essay

vui

Thành viên mới
Bác vha ơi, cháu đã post bài personal statement của cháu lên để bác sửa. Deadline cũng sắp tới rồi nên cháu post bài supp lên luôn, mong bác sửa giúp cháu ạ.

Cornell University, deadline: Jan 1

How does the major you would like to study in the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning match your intellectual, academic, and career interests? Discuss any activities you have engaged in that are relevant to your chosen major (fewer than 500 words)

I had been in love with science for as long as I can remember. When I was young, I kept asking questions such as “Where does the sun sleep at night?” or “How can fish live in water?” I was always my parents’ curious little girl. I love to discover the way all the wonderful creatures of the nature work. I love science in general and biology particularly for their amazing ability to answer a lot of my questions.

In high school, I am especially interested in sciences. I have taken AP Chemistry, AP Biology and AP Physics and they are absolutely my favorite subjects. Even as a high school student, I still keep my curiosity. However, my questions have become more and more complex. Sometimes even my textbooks cannot answer the questions that come to my mind. Since tenth grade, I started go to the library twice a week to read science books. Learning sciences, whether from school, from the books I read in my spare time or from the observations I make in real life always fascinates me. I am always excited to learn new things, whether it is how to play a new instrument or the way that DNA replicates.

Although I did not have a chance to visit Cornell, I had taken the Cornell’s virtual tour several times. I feel that Cornell is the right place for me. It is a place where I can satisfy my passion for discovery and delve deeper into sciences. Cornell is also famous for its researching program and I know that there are a lot of researching opportunities for undergraduates at Cornell. As a science lover and future scientist, I am eager to take the research opportunities that Cornell will provide me.

Cornell’s commitment to diversity has assured me that at Cornell, I will be valuable as an individual since Cornell is a place “doesn't just tolerate differences but treasures them; and providing rich opportunities for learning from those differences.” I know that at Cornell, I will have a chance to meet and learn from people who have very different backgrounds from me. The diversity of the community at Cornell really attracts to me to the university.

I want to study at Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences as my goal is to become a biologist. I believe Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences and I are a perfect match. I am looking forward to my next four years at Cornell University, a place where I will be surrounded by people who may have very different backgrounds from me, but we will all share a thing in common: a thirst for learning and exploring. I know that Cornell University will not only give me a world-class education, but also a warm community to call home.

Ðề: Why essay

How does the major you would like to study in the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning match your intellectual, academic, and career interests? Discuss any activities you have engaged in that are relevant to your chosen major (fewer than 500 words)

Cháu đọc lại câu hỏi. Cháu muốn xin vào College of Biology thì topic này đâu có liên quan gì tới ngành cháu chọn.

I had been in love with science for as long as I can remember. Since a little child, I kept asking questions such as “Where does the sun sleep at night?” or “How can fish live in water?” I love to discover the way all the wonderful creatures of the nature work. I love science in general and biology particularly for their amazing ability to answer a lot of my questions.

In high school, I especially interested in sciences. I have taken AP Chemistry, AP Biology and AP Physics and they are absolutely my favorite subjects. Even as a high school student, I still keep my curiosity. However, my questions have become more and more complex. Sometimes even my textbooks cannot answer the questions that come to my mind. Since tenth grade, I started go to the library twice a week to read science books. Learning sciences, whether from school, from the books I read in my spare time or from the observations I make in real life always fascinates me. I am always excited to learn new things, whether it is how to play a new instrument or the way that DNA replicates.

Although I did not have a chance to visit Cornell, I had taken the Cornell’s virtual tour several times. I feel that Cornell is the right place for me. It is a place where I can satisfy my passion for discovery and delve deeper into sciences. Cornell offers many researching programs and I know that there are a lot of researching opportunities for undergraduates at Cornell. As a science lover, I am eager to take the research opportunities that Cornell will provide me.

Cornell’s commitment to diversity has assured me that at Cornell, I will be valuable as an individual since Cornell is a place “doesn't just tolerate differences but treasures them; and providing rich opportunities for learning from those differences.” I know that at Cornell, I will have a chance to meet and learn from people who have very different backgrounds from me. The diversity of the community at Cornell really attracts me to the university.

I want to study at Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences as my goal is to become a biologist. I believe Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences and I are a perfect match. I am looking forward to my next four years at Cornell University, a place where I will be surrounded by people who may have very different backgrounds from me, but we will all share a thing in common: a thirst for learning and exploring. I know that Cornell University will not only give me a world-class education, but also a warm community to call home.

vui

Thành viên mới

Dạ bác vha ơi, cháu bất cẩn quá copy nhầm cái đề của bên Architecture. Cháu app vào College of Arts and Sciences, và đây là prompt của nó:

College of Arts and Sciences:
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study. (fewer than 500 words)

Bác đọc qua thấy idea của cháu thế nào ạ? Còn về grammar thì bác chỉ sửa 2 chỗ in xanh hả bác? Cháu cám ơn bác ạ

Em đọc mà hiểu chít liền! Nhưng mọi người vẫn luôn nhớ đến anh, vha08 ạ!
:2: Tất phụ huynh học sinh Việt Nam mà hiểu chỉ 1/10 những gì tôi biết về hệ thống giáo dục Mỹ thì có lẽ con em họ không cần tới tôi.

Hai ngày trước tôi dẫn một người bạn tới Trung Tâm Hướng Dẫn Người Mới ở Seattle, xin học nghề, người phụ trách là một người Việt đã làm ở trung tâm này hơn 20 năm, khẳng định là bảo lãnh di dân "Không có hổ trợ tài chính của FAFSA" Trong khi người bạn này đã xài hết một nửa tiền của FAFSA cho rồi.

Mấy hôm trước dẫn một đứa nhỏ tới trường xin học, counselor (giáo viên cố vần) người Việt, làm ở trường hơn 20 năm, khuyên học sinh này học ABE (Giáo dục căn bản cho người lớn Adult Basic Education), trong khi điểm COMPASS Test của nó được xếp vào ENG 098. Tôi dẫn nó qua counselor khác và được tự do chọn lớp học, đồng thời cũng được đóng học phí theo cư dân của tiều bang, trong khi nó chỉ mới tới Seattle chưa được 1 tuần.

Những người làm trong ngành giáo dục ở Mỹ, kiến thức còn yếu kém như vậy, trách sao các vị phụ huynh có những thông tin sai lầm. Tamtuong không hiểu, nhưng mấy đứa nhỏ nó hiểu là được rồi.

:24: Quaidan ở nhà tôi gần 2 tháng, là nhân chứng sống, đã chứng kiến tôi làm được rất nhiều chuyện cho người Việt Nam. Những chuyện mà thậm chí những người ở Mỹ lâu năm "khẳng định" là không được.

College of Arts and Sciences:
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study. (fewer than 500 words)
Bài Supp essay của cháu xong rồi. Cháu tập trung viết lại bài admission essay đi